Electric Bharath Formula karting powered by CADD Technologies School of Design Pvt. Ltd. BFKCT – is an event to bring out the students talent and enrich their knowledge in the emerging passionate filed of Motorsport Engineering. BFKCT will provide a platform to the budding engineers to enhance their knowledge and technical skills into reality.
BFKCT ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Technical Expert Members
Mr. ishan srivastava
Design & Documentation In-charge
Static Event In-charge
Dynamic Event In-charge
Social Media Lead
PR & Publicity Lead
Travel and Tourism Manager
Guidance & Support Coordinator
Guidance & Support Coordinator (Pune)
Electric Vehicles (EV) are a clean alternative to traditional vehicles, Since electric cars have zero tailpipe emissions, we can look forward to cleaner air when there are more electric cars on the road. So now automotive industry rapidly moving towards electric vehicles. In connection to this BFKCT comes up with E-BFKCT to bring out the students talent and enrich their knowledge in the emerging passionate filed of Automotive Engineering. BFKCT will provide a platform to the budding engineers to enhance their knowledge and technical skills into reality which is the need of the hour. The objective of the competition is to design and fabricate a E-Go-Kart. The challenge takes place, which consists of Static, Dynamic and Endurance Test.
The following tests are conducted for this phase of Round
- The vehicle will be verified with the final design report. Deviating up to 10% from the final design report is acceptable but on further deviations, teams will be penalized accordingly.
- Good engineering practice will reflect a great manufacturing level. The vehicle will be examined by the judges at the time of Dynamic Event, so the participating teams are advised to manufacture the vehicle with pre-planned strategies so that the vehicle would be able to compete in several tasks and tests.
- In the static test event while examining the vehicle, judges may raise questions on any of the team members. The team members are advised to be prepared with the vehicle. Every team member is required to have a hard copy of the vehicle documents.
- The innovation done will be examined by the technical inspectors in the respective paddock of the teams. Team needs to present innovation report at the time of explaining the innovation. The innovation should be working and not just the concept.
- Before the dynamic event there will be TI (Technical Inspection) which does not carry any points but is necessary for participating in dynamic event. TI will be strictly based on rulebook parameter and safety checks of the vehicle (No Deviation from rule book). The team will be given only 2 chances for the TI test failing which the team will be considered disqualified for the dynamic events. During TI judges are allowed to stand on bumper, chassis and other frame components in order to inspect the vehicle.
- Every team is advised to use proper safety equipment’s during manufacturing or during any repair work on site. Technical Inspector will check safety equipment’s during Technical Inspection.
- Vehicle lifting by hand is not allowed, every team must use jack to lift the vehicle during repair work.
DRIVER EXIT TIME
- Maximum driver out time is 5sec, within this interval of time driver has to come out of the vehicle.
Teams are expected to prepare a complete business plan by understanding the sector and industry they are working for the event. Every team has to do the complete market survey of the same segment and prepare the strategies to target the customers. Team has to prepare a presentation, which has to be presented during the final round. Team has to convince the judges with their business plan presentation. Every team has to prepare a detailed report and the presentation. Team has to submit the complete
business plan report in two phases. Teams are advised not to include any confidentiality agreement in the business plan; our aim is to evaluate the concept of your business idea not to sell out your idea in market. Preliminary report has to be submitted before the final round (Refer the event calendar for the submission schedule) and the final report has to be submitted in the final round.
Teams are expected to work upon the following points and prepare both the report and the presentation accordingly;
This includes the organizational structure of your company. You need clearly define the roles for each member of the executive board. This member will then be responsible for the same in the report to follow.
Introduction to the Company:
Introduce your company and its vision. Need a mission statement as well as vision statement.
Explain your company profile in brief. This should act as the brochure of your company, which will cover the product line, the services provided, the USP etc.
Industry and Market Analysis:
Thorough and complete survey of industry performance of last 2 years. Market analysis for the placement of your product in the competition. Competitor analysis should be included with the detailed report on the same.
The basic plan of the company to tap the available market. Types of strategies the company proposes for marketing.
The whole operation plan and the basic layout of the machinery used for the processes. Basic machining processes available in-house and the outsourced processes. The logistics and warehousing methods used in the company. The after sales spare parts process flow.
Sales forecast and Strategies:
The teams are required to forecast their sales for the next five years and their strategies to achieve these sales. IF POSSIBLE the teams can also include the spare parts sales too.
Teams are required to give a detailed cost report of their activities for the next 5 years. The exact calculation of the breakeven period as well as break-even quantity is a must. The capital structure of the company should be well explained. Cost plans MUST include the consideration of warranty costs as well. The costs of depreciation should also be considered.
Note: Roles and responsibilities of the company have to be distributed between minimum of 5 members. This means, the executive board must consist of minimum 5 members.
The following tests are conducted for this phase of Round
The objective of the dynamic event is to evaluate the vehicle’s maneuverability and handling qualities on a tight course without the hindrance of competing vehicles. The autocross course will combine the performance features of acceleration, braking, and cornering into one event.
Scoring formulas and other guidelines for the dynamic tests will be uploaded in the team accounts.
It’s mandatory for a vehicle to pass the brake test to participate in any of the dynamic events. The vehicle must stop in a straight line after the brake is applied on the vehicle. Each vehicle will be given 2 attempts to pass the brake test. if the vehicle passes the test in first attempt it will not be given any other trials. At the finish line the karts are expected to apply full brakes and the brakes must lock. After locking, rolling of tires (where the brakes are applied) will not be allowed in any circumstances. Skidding of the tires is allowed provided that the vehicle does not deviate more than 30° from the initial course of mo tion otherwise the attempt will be nullified. Note: Vehicle’s speed must be more than 40 kmph while attempting brake test. Brake Test is not having any points, but it is mandatory for a vehicle to pass the test to go for any of the dynamic event.
The objective of the acceleration determines the time it takes the vehicle to accelerate along 23m long flat course. During the acceleration test each team may make two (2) attempts with or without different drivers. Scoring will be based on the better of the two attempts.
SKID PAD TEST
The objective of the skid-pad event is to measure the Kart cornering ability on a flat surface while making a constant-radius turn.
SKID PAD LAYOUT
There will be two (2) pairs of concentric circles in a figure of eight pattern. The centres of these circles will be 7.5m apart. The inner circles will be 4 m in diameter, and the outer circles will be 9 m in diameter. The driving path will be the2.5 m path between the inner and outer circles. The vehicles will enter and exit through gates on a 2m wide path that is tangential to the circles where they meet. The line between the centres of the circles defines the start/stop line. A lap is defined as travelling around one (1) of the circles from the start/stop line and returning to the start/stop line. PROCEDURE: The vehicles will enter perpendicular to the figure eight and will have to take two full lap of the figure of eight track. NOTE: Each team may make two (2) attempts may or may not with different drivers. Scoring will be based on the better of the two attempts.
CONES DOWN OR OUT: A penalty of several seconds will be added to the time forevery cone that is knocked ―down or outǁ (including gate cones). DNF: Vehicles that spin-out can continue as long as they have not gone off course will be classified as DNF. INCORRECTLAPS: Vehicles that donot follow procedure, i.e. run an incorrect number of laps or run the Laps in the wrong sequence will be classified as DNF (Did Not Finish).
The objective of the autocross event is to evaluate the vehicle’s maneuverability and handling qualities on a tight course without the hindrance of competing vehicles. The autocross course will combine the performance features of acceleration, braking, and cornering into one event. PROCEDURE: The vehicle will be staged such that the front wheels are 3 m (19.7 feet) behind the starting line. The timer starts only after the vehicle crosses the start line. There will be no particular order of the vehicles to run each heat. The organizer will determine the allowable windows for each heat and retains the right to adjust for weather or technical delays. NOTE: Each team will get one (1) attempt only.
The following tests are conducted for this phase of Round
The following are general guidelines for conducting the endurance event. The organizers reserve the right to establish procedures specific to the conduct of the event at the site. Recharging will not be allowed during an endurance heat
PROCEDURE: The final event will be run as a single heat approximately for 1 hour. Teams are not allowed to work on their vehicles during the heat. Wheel-to-wheel racing is prohibited. Passing another vehicle may only be done in an established passing zone.
VEHICLE BREAKDOWN And STALLS
- If a vehicle breaks down it will be removed from the course and will not be allowed to re-enter the course. If a vehicle stalls, or ingests a cone, etc., it will be allowed to restart and re-enter the course where it went off, but no work may be performed on the vehicle. If a Kart stands and cannot be restarted without external assistance, the track workers will push the kart clear of the track. At the discretion of event officials, two (2) team members may retrieve the kart under direction of the track workers.
ENDURANCE MINIMUM SPEED REQUIREMENT
- If a kart is unable to maintain lap times within 137% of the fastest lap time for the course, and then it must exit immediately. Disqualification for failure to maintain the minimum speed will be made at the discretion of the Director of Operations.
ENDURANCE LAP TIMING
- Each lap of the endurance event will be individually timed by electronic means. The time for an individual heat will be determined by subtracting the extra-long lap for the driver change from the total time and adding any penalty points.
The company is established by the dynamic group of directors who are in to Academic and Research field for more than a decade with a vision of providing Industrial requirement based engineering solutions by which it will have their own presence in overall growth of the Manufacturing and Civil Industry to whom the company got tie-up.
We have trained more than 20,000 students so far (Both In-house as well as On-site) and have successfully placed sizable number of candidates in various domestic and MNCs to whom we got tie-up.